Beloved, there are different sets of Christians in the world today. We can know them by their deeds.
Below are some of their uncountable activities that will make one sit back and wonder if truly these people are Christians or not, or they have taken the position of God.
1. Some quotes and interprets Bible as if they were the sole author.
2. Some command God as if He is their servant.
3. Some remote control God in His dispensation of blessings. They claim that if I curse you, nobody can bless you, and vice versa, using the Bible to justify themselves.
4. Some claim to be called and sent by God, and yet perpetrate evil.
5. Some claim to see vision without television, speaking when God has not spoken; giving fake prophecy which had shattered many families and friends .
6. Some give judgment to others such as telling some persons that they are candidates of heaven, while some are candidates of hellfire.
Hmm, imagine a human being who is not sure of his or her salvation telling people who are a candidate of heaven or hellfire.
These sets of people act as deputy Jesus. They are the people Jesus is referring to in the Gospel when He said: ‘I tell you most solemnly, no servant is greater than his master, no messenger is greater than the man who sent him.’
Such Christians seem to have God’s password at hand.
What a foolish person acting in an empty world of foolishness.
One thing we should know is that anybody who claims to be a Christian and fall into any of the above-listed categories or even worse than that should know that he or she is a proud Christian. Such do not have any iota of humility in him or her.
Jesus said, ‘I tell you most solemnly, whoever welcomes the one I send welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.’ My dear, what it simply means in my opinion is that in welcoming the message and the messenger of Christ, we should be careful not to be filled with pride, rather with humility. More so, not to be deceived by fake prophets. The Church teachings and the Bible is more than enough to be filled with God’s message.
From the first reading, Paul narrated how God has been saving His people Israel up to the time of John the Baptist. In this regard, let us emulate the humility of John who says “I am not the one you imagine me to be; that one (Jesus) is coming after me and I am not fit to undo his sandal.”
In summary, the word of God is sown in the heart of a humble Christian, and a humble Christian does not claim to know more than his or her master, rather such persons bend low to learn more.
However, whoever claims to be an assistant Jesus, has no Spirit of God in him or her. Hence, such a person lives in a fools paradise.
Let us bend low and learn from Jesus. We all are in the school of Jesus, He is our master, He knows more than us. Happy Thursday to you! Blessings to you and your family +. Plz Pray the Holy Rosary everyday for it is Powerful. Remember always; “A CHRISTIAN IS NOT AN ORDINARY PERSON AND THE LIFE OF A CHRISTIAN IS A LIFE OF WARFARE”.
Peace be with you. + FR. EMMANUEL UZOH (NWACHINAEMERE)